Many windows users looking for the solution to create Mac OS X Yosemite.ISO for burning a DVD Installer or installing Yosemite into a virtual machine using virtualization softwares such virtual box and VMWare Fusion. Whatever you want to do, look at our tutorial to convert Yosemite.DMG (InstallESD.DMG) form OS X Yosemite.app to Yosemite.ISO.
Create Mac OS X Yosemite.ISO using Disk Utility
1. Download Mac OS X Yosemite.app
OS X 10.10 Yosemite is still available for free download on Mac App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-yosemite/id915041082?mt=12. Otherwise, it should be easy to download Yosemite installer if you do not have an Apple ID here in our another topic: Download Yosemite .DMG – OS X 10.10 without Apple store.
2. Mount the InstallESD.DMG
- To get the InstallESD.DMG, right mouse on “OS X Yosemite” > select “Show Package Contents”.
- Go to Contents/SharedSupport, InstallESD.dmg should be there. Make a double click on InstallESD.dmg to make a volume of Yosemite installation on the left side:
3. Convert Yosemite.DMG to ISO format using Disk Utility
- Launch Disk Utility (in /Applications/Utilities/). Select the “InstallESD.dmg” image at the left side, then click on “Convert” (choose DVD/CD master at Image Format).
- The InstallESD.dmg will be converted to InstallESD.cdr in seconds
4. Rename InstallESD.cdr to Yosemite.ISO
You can manually rename the file or using the following command in Terminal (found in /Applications/Utilities/).
hdiutil convert /path/imagefile.cdr -format UDTO -o /path/convertedimage.iso
‘/path/imagefile’ and ‘/path/convertedimage.iso’ should be clear.
Indeed, I have just done instructing you how to create Mac OS X Yosemite.ISO from Yosemite.DMG (InstallESD.dmg). Best luck!