How to restore the old Disk Utility in Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan? Let’s download Yosemite Disk Utility 10.9 for El Capitan.
Reasons mac users want to get back to the previous Disk Utility in the new El Capitan?
Actually Too many users feel unhappy at all with awful the Disk Utility 10.11 in El Capitan due to missing useful functions.
- Repair permissions no longer exists since Apple pronounces that “System file permissions are automatically protected, and updated, during Software Updates. The Repair Permissions function is no longer necessary”.
- Missing First Aid: Disk Utility 10.11 is not able to verify a disk before running first aid, so it is impossible to check the disk health.
- RAID Support gone: How to get Raid Support in DiskUtility in El Capitan OSX 10.11?
- Handling disk images is missing being able to drag disk images from the Finder into Disk Utilities.
- Missing CD or DVD burning sessions: If you have ever used Disk Utility to burn DVD or CD in Yosemite, you will be disappointed in El Capitan.
Download Yosemite Disk Utility for El Capitan
It is absolutely doable to bring the familiar Disk Utility in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite into El Capitan 10.11.
Step 1: Download Disk Utility 10.10 app
The password protection to mount the DMG.file is osxvn
Step 2: Enter the following command lines through Terminal
1. Launch Terminal (can be found in /Applications/Utilities/)
2. Enter the following lines (administrator password may be asked during the process)
sudo chown -R 0:0~/Downloads/Disk\ Utility.app