By some reasons you want to install and run Windows 10 on your MacBook retina 12-inch, 2015? This is obviously doable. Look at our tutorial and you then can install and run Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 on MacBook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air and even iMac using Bootcamp easily and quickly in few steps.
It is much more simple if you install and run Windows on Mac using virtualization softwares such as: Virtual Box, VMWare Fusion 7, and Mac Parallels Desktop 10. Look at our another post – How to install and run Windows 10 inside Mac OS X.
Install Windows 10 on MacBook Using Bootcamp
In the following words, we give an instruction to install Windows 10 in an independent Partition on Mac using Bootcamp. And of course, you will be able to select Mac OS X or Windows at a boot option.
Step 1: Download Windows 10 installer.ISO
+, It is able to download original Windows 10 (32-64 bit).ISO from Microsoft Download Page.
We also collect Windows 8 installer.ISO download link here:
+, Windows 8 pro 32 bit ISO – 2.48 Gb download
+, Windows 8 pro 32 bit ISO – 3.34 Gb download
+, Windows 8.1 pro 32 bit – 2.46 Gb download
+, Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit – 3.34 Gb download
Step 2: Make a Windows 10 USB Installer via Bootcamp in Mac OS X
- You need to prepare an USB 8GB or bigger.
- Plug USB into Mac and open Bootcamp (find easily in Utilities or using these keyboards: Cmd+shift+U. Stick all options at Select Tasks screen:
- Bootcamp then will convert your USB to be a bootable Partition in system. The processes will download all utilities and tools that support Windows from Apple server.
- Choose Windows 10 installer.ISO downloaded and select the USB at Destination disk to make an USB Windows Installer. It will take around 5 minutes to finish.
Step 3: Create a Partition for Windows 10 on Mac via Bootcamp
- After step 2, on the next screen in the wizard, you now should be able to set the volume size for the Partition you are going to install windows 10 into. We recommend the size of at least 30Gb or higher. And then click on Install to start installing Window 10s on MacBook.
Step 4: Start installing Windows 10 on Macbook using bootcamp
Your Mac will restart and the installing begins automatically. If you install Windows 8, use this key to setup: TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW RFFTV-B7QPF.
The partition to install Window should – BOOTCAMP. You have to format this partition at Drive options (advanced) > Format and Ok.
It takes long or short time to be done depending on the reading speed of the USB hard drive on your computer.
Step 5: Tidy up to make Windows 10 compatible to Mac
This step will install all latest drivers for Windows 10. Press Cmd+E and select the USB drive from the list of drives. Go into the WindowsSupport folder and run Setup. It will install the right graphics drivers and support for the trackpad etc based on your Macbook.
Step 6: Switch between Windows 10 and Mac OS X
When rebooting, if you want to switch between Windows 10 and OS X, just press on the Option key.
Hopefully my share would help you to install Windows 10 on MacBook 2015 successfully. Leave comments if having any troubles. Of course, the way should be similar to install Windows 7, Windows 8, or even Windows XP on Macbook Pro, Macbook Air and iMac at your context.
In a reverse way, you might want to look at How to install Mac OS X on PC (Intel and AMD CPU Desktop).