Apple never gives us any clear explanations why they do not enable NTFS read/write support by default in Mac OS X. Currently, there are just 3 common NTFS applications. Paragon NTFS 14 AND Tuxera 2017 are both paid softwares. God blessing, NTFS-3G is an open-sources and absolutely free. Which one we use under Mac OS X, especially El Capitan?
Paragon NTFS 14 vs Tuxera 2017 vs NTFS-3G under El Capitan
Paid software obviously comes in optimized features. Free software normally has it’s own weaknesses. Which one mac user should use among three of them? Let’s look at the following comparison table.
- NTFS Softwares
- Full read/write access to NTFS
- Easy to Install and Use
- Unprecedented high NTFS performance (Speed similar to native HFS+)
- Create, verify and repair NTFS partitions under Mac® OS X
- Works in both 32-bit and 64-bit kernel modes
- No limitation to maximum file/partition size
- No common errors
- Quality guarantee
- Paragon NTFS 14
- Paragon NTFS is developed by Paragon, a well-known company for very famous & strong softwares in Hard Driver Compatibility field. This software is fully compatible with Apple’s new security policy ensuring fast, hassle-free and safe access to NTFS partitions from OS.
- Works perfect in the new MacOS Sierra
Supports El Capitan
Compatibility with other software such as Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion.
- Especially improve data transfer speed for read/write operations on SSDs
- 10-day trial period
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Paragon offers volume discount if you order multiple licenses
- Coupon codes are available. Grab the discount codes at the end of this review
- Tuxera NTFS 2017
- It is developed by Tuxera company from NTFS-3G driver. Tuxera NTFS is designed to make Mac OS integrate with NTFS partitions. Install this commercial Application, mac users are able to read and write data from any USBs or External Hard Drivers in NTFS format.
- Supports MacOS Sierra
Supports El Capitan
- Smart caching for high-performance read/write
- Commonly having problems with transferring a big number of files and large volume data size
- "Tuxera NTFS could not mount" is an nightmare error
- 15-day trial period
- NTFS-3G for OS X is an open-source software. It designed by and included in hundreds of Linux distributions such as Fedora, Mandriva, openSUSE... The NTFS-3G is based on the FUSE file system. This helps to access to all devices and partitions that are using the NTFS formats.
- It is complicated to install
- "NTFS-3G could not mount"
NTFS-3G could be a good choice since it’s totally free and meets all simple demands from accessing to NTFS Drivers. However, this free NTFS driver for mac contains too many weaknesses: Limitation to big file/partition size, low compatibility, low level of effectiveness & efficiency, and especially not support Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.
At for paid Mac NTFS softwares, Paragon NTFS 14 vs Tuxera NTFS 2017, which one should we stand for? Both apps come in great features. However, the research from “Google Keywords Planer” indicates the following important aspects that clarify Paragon NTFS 14 is so much better than Tuxera 2017.
- Paragon offers cheaper cost: Clearly, Paragon offers cheaper price ($19 before discount) than Tuxera (25 EUR)
- Paragon has so much better Reputation and Value of image: There are roughly 33,100 monthly searches on Google about the “Paragon NTFS” keyword (suggested bid is $1.39), while at for “Tuxera NTFS” keyword, there are just 14,800 monthly searches (suggested bid is $0.61).
- Paragon NTFS 14 works more stably relative to Tuxera NTFS 2017: Amazingly, Paragon NTFS must work so much more stably since Google shows 130 results of “Tuxera ntfs could not mount” when I did search about the “Paragon ntfs not mount” keyword for 0 result.
Paragon NTFS 14 or Tuxera 2017 or NTFS-3G? At for El Capitan, I strongly recommend using Paragon NTFS 14.